Sunday, April 26, 2009

Disgrace

#2 pm……….I was 13 if am not wrong. Summer holidays. Sun beaming right into my head. Like every Indian, cricket was everything. Everything! Just 5 more runs to win. Just 5. I don’t think I can ever again concentrate so much on the tiny moving dot. The dirty ball is all I can see. Suddenly I felt a gentle hand on my shoulders. Seems out of nowhere an old man was standing right beside me. Handing over a small white slip he asked me “son can u help me find this address?” Having a quick glance at it “Sorry thatha I don’t know it. Ask that auto man standing over there,” pointing towards an auto parked a few blocks away. He walked slowly across the pitch. The next ball went straight into the chalk on the tree’s bark marking the stumps. I went and handed over the small bat to my friend who was so much awaiting for this moment. In a matter of few mins we won. We bullied the losers. Got tired of bullying and walked back home. The moment I stepped into my house I felt like a loser. The biggest loser in the world. My dad sitting there with the old man pointing to me “this is my second son.” Now I realize why the name on the slip he handed over to me was a well known name. It was my DAD’s. The address was mine!!!!DISGRACE!!!

1 comment:

  1. Ha ha ha! Interesting post man. Cud make some writing improvements...but nice!

    ReplyDelete